Click on any category below to see aTi Best Practices you can use in your classroom.

DONNA CAPPADONA-MANSMANN

Art Teacher, PreK-2
Daniel Webster School
Weehawken, NJ

Donna is currently the art teacher at Daniel Webster School, located at 2700-Palisade Avenue in Weehawhen, NJ. Donna became an art teacher thanks to the guidance, dedication and friendship of her high school art teacher Mr. Bendian. As long as she can remember, she always had a love for art. It is her way of making herself happy, sometimes her escape, her stress reliever, and always on her mind.

According to Donna, "My students are what drive me to teach. I just love the way they get so excited over a new project, a new material, and the way they light up when a concept clicks. There is nothing better then when a child is truly proud of what they have created."

Donna has always felt that the arts hold a great importance in education. "It's a child's first means of expressing their thoughts and feelings. It reinforces all of the other subject areas. I regularly inform my students about the language, math and science of art. I stress the importance and magic of how they all work together."

"This past summer I experienced many benefits attending aTi. It has been a long time since I had taken an art course and it was like a gift. I found myself enjoying it from the first moment. It was wonderful to have the opportunity to take two weeks and explore a new interest. I learned new skills and techniques. I was able to open and exercise my mind to new ideas. It was wonderful to meet and speak with others who share the same love and interest I have. I collected many things to bring back to my students. The 'give and take' among fellow teachers that went on during those fourteen days were priceless."

Donna is very excited to be participating in the aTimpact fellowship program. "I look forward to meeting new people who are involved in the arts and to share with them thoughts and ideas. I also feel that this will be an excellent opportunity for me to grow as an artist as well as a teacher."

No comments: