Click on any category below to see aTi Best Practices you can use in your classroom.

ELLENBETH NAPPEN

Art Teacher
Millville Senior High School
Millville, New Jersey

Ellenbeth has taught elementary school Early Childhood through 8th grade for 18 years. For the past seven years she has taught at Memorial and Millville Senior High School grades 8-12.

Ellenbeth has taken Book Arts for six years at the Artist/Teacher Institute. "Mary Phelan has really been an inspiration, starting with simple construction and moving onto more complex boxes and pop-ups. I always keep in mind the techniques I learned in Visual Arts classes with Barbara Bullock. I even got into some writing and printing. I think our class creation of a graphic novel was my favorite."

"The Artist/Teacher Institute reenergizes me every summer with something new that I can’t wait to share with my colleagues and students. I start off each semester with a kind of 'show & tell' about my new experiences. I even fill the showcase in front of my class with new creations. Every one of my classes gets to make at least one book during the semester."

No comments: