Click on any category below to see aTi Best Practices you can use in your classroom.

Initiating professional development



“I learned a lot of techniques for brain storming with a lot of very talented Artists and Teachers.”
Pat Marinaro, Elementary art teacher

“The impact of aTi will, I’m, sure, reveal itself in unimaginable ways for years to come. My aTi experience has made me a more sociable, patient and thoughtful individual than I was before.”
Gary J. Whitehead, English Teacher
Tenafly High School, Tenafly, NJ


“Working in an inner city school with children of extreme diverse situations provides me with the fuel that helps me return to the aTi experience. The teachers and my peers help to solve problems you can experience in the classroom as well as share school lessons of success! ”
Alonzrea Stewart-Austin, Art Teacher
Mt.Vernon School, Newark, NJ

“During the residency I gave an in-service to the faculty and staff. The subject was very easy book structures that they can use in their classroom. Most of these books I learned at ATI. The next day I had a third grader seek me out and asked me to visit his classroom. When I did the class proudly showed me the envelop books they had made for a science lesson. Their teacher had showed them how to make the books after attending the professional development workshop.”
Jeanne Jablonski, 4th grade Art

“I believe this makes an impact on the school as a whole, students and teachers. They begin to think on different terms about what my students are able to accomplish. After displaying student Big Books, a Kindergarten teacher from a general education class came upstairs to ask me how I was able to get my students to write and make these books. She actually took notes.”
Leigh MacKelvey, Special Education Teacher

No comments: